Recently John and Mary attended the PRSA 2011 Digital Impact Conference, “Building Knowledge, Skills and Value for the New Decade”. A couple presentations in particular resonated with us and we wanted to share a few key points from each.
1. AddThis.com – allows users to add social media sharing features to content. Also, allows for tracking/measurement.
2. Google your industry plus 100 – to get the top influencers in your industry.
3. Alltop.com – provides the top blogs which can be searched by industry.
4. EmpireAvenue.com – a virtual stock market for social media.
1. Be relevant and helpful
2. Create “share-worthy content”.
3. Form real relationships
4. People trust people more than brands
5. Influence influencers by becoming one